Every month brings new adventures, new lessons, as well as new findings. Our goal at Heal the World is to share these with you by sending out a monthly newsletter.
We already sent out our September 2016 Newsletter. You didn’t receive it? Don’t worry, just subscribe to our Newsletter at the bottom of our website and we will include you in next month’s newsletter. This way, you will stay up to date with important events and news from us! Click here if you would like to read our September 2016 Newsletter!
Here are some of the things discussed in our September 2016 Newsletter:
- During our Team meeting this month, we discussed the following research article, titled: The Effects of Three Types of Noncontingent Auditory Stimulation on Vocal Stereotypy in Children with Autism, written by Saylor, Sidener, and Reeve (2012). The study evaluated the effects of 3 types of Noncontingent auditory stimulation: 1) Music, 2) White noise, and 3) Recordings of the child’s own vocal stereotypy, on the Vocal Stereotypy in 2 children with Autism. To learn more, please click on the link above.
- We continue having late pick-ups and late cancellations. Therefore, our “Late pick-ups/Cancellation/No show”contract will be effective immediately.
- We started using the Parent Observation room as a therapy room. In the upcoming weeks, we will let you know how you can observe your child’s session via our video camera (*You have to be present at HTW in order to watch the session).
- Helping our staff to grow professionally and continue to learn is one of our top priorities. That is why our therapists are undergoing an intensive ABA training so that they can become certified as Registered Behavior Technicians (RBT’s). Our analysts will also be attending the annual conference, Florida Association for Behavior Analysis (FABA), to be held from September 14th-17th, for continuing education credits. We will let you know if we need to cancel any sessions.
- Follow us if you would like to stay updated with all of our tips, news, and blog posts: